WellcomeMat's Top 20 Real Estate Videos of 2012
By Rudy Bachraty
December 27, 2012
December 27, 2012
As the year winds down, we wanted to share some the of best real estate related videos we have seen in 2012.
Upon reflection, it's pretty clear to us that 2012 was a big year creatively speaking for our vertical. Gone are the days of simple unedited point and shoot videos. More and more real estate videos are crafting a story around the content they are shooting.
From pre-production to post production, the quality we are seeing has significantly increased across the board. Not only are agents and brokers using more professional filmmakers to shoot their videos, but many DIY agents and brokers are stepping up their game as well. They are using high quality DSLR cameras and lenses, sliders to add side-to-side smooth motion effects, jibs to add smooth vertical shoots and creative post production effects to their videos. All great things for our vertical and the home buying and renting consumer.
Overall, there were a tremendous amount of fantastic real estate videos we looked through, many of which were created by agents, brokers, brands and filmmakers on a fairly consistent basis. Creating a steady stream of high quality videos versus a one-off video in and of itself is a tremendous accomplishment. These folks are the leaders of creating quality videos regularly. To each of them, we tip our hats!
The videos we ultimately decided to highlight are ones that stood out in specific categories. They were shared on social networks. Talked about. Debated. Written about. Even imitated.
So without further adieu, in no particular order, here are our Top 20 Real Estate Videos of 2012:
1. Community Storytelling - The Things that Connect Us - Facebook
Unknowingly, did Facebook create the most powerful real estate video of 2012?
2. Luxury Property Video - Napa View Real Estate - Life In The Extraordinary - NapaViewEstate.com
This is possible when you hire a hollywood film crew and actors in order to paint a picture of what life can be like in this luxurious home.
3. Consumer TV Branding - Find Your Way Home - Zillow
Zillow's first television commercial really connects with consumers.
4. Highlight Reel - Goodbye 2012 | Hello 2013 - The Boutique Real Estate Group A great idea on how to best recap your year in real estate videos.
5. Playful Advice - Some Good Advice when Buying Real Estate in Steamboat Springs - Charlie Dresen, Prudential Streamboat Realty
A fun visual of available inventory in the Streamboat Springs market.
6. Team Video - Generation Blue: The New Wave Group, Coldwell Banker
A team video is a great way to impress home buyers, sellers and renters.
7. Recruiting - Become a Redfin Real Estate Agent - Redfin
For those looking for a meaningful reason to join a real estate company, Redfin provides a reason and delivers.
8. How-To - Home Cooking with Lincoln - Lincoln Crum, Keller Williams
Lincoln showcases what cooking can be like in this gourmet kitchen with potential future foodie homebuyers.
9. Modern - 218 Cottingham Street - Sage Real Estate
A truly Modern video for a gorgeous Modern home.
10. Agent Bio - Vickey Barron: Life & Real Estate - CORE Group NYC
An incredibly personable and touching real estate profile video.
11. Architecture & Design - 684 Broadway, Penthouse 12E, Greenwich Village, Manhattan, New York - Corcoran
How to tell a story of a home through design and a camera lens. Superb.
12. Simplicity - 265 Ontario Street - Richard Silver
When sights and sounds can be more powerful than words.
13. Lifestyle - BHTV: Music in Western North Carolina - Beverly Hanks
Every town should have a lifestyle and culture video like this one. Fantastic.
14. Celebrity - Matthew Modine Stars in 420 West 25th Street 1H - Halstead Property Who wouldn't want to live in a home a celebrity once lived in?
15. Event - Agent Reboot 2012 - Inman News
One of the best event highlight videos we've ever seen.
16. Theatrical Movie - Ray's Angels Real Estate Film for Georgetown Real Estate - Ray Chester
Consumers like movies, no?
17. Music Video - Las Vegas Rockstar Estate - 2810 Las Vegas Real Estate
For those looking to live in their own MTV video.
18. EDU -Breckenridge Real Estate Video and What I Learned - Dave Dugdale
19. Comedy - What Moves You? Getting Married - RE/MAX
If you've ever been in this situation or know someone who has, you can relate ;) Very clever.
20. Best Lip Dub yet Most Controversial - Call Me Maybe - Jessica Riffle Edwards, Coldwell Banker
Amazingly creative. Fun. Inspiring. Yet was pulled from Youtube for Copyright reasons.We still love it and Jessica.
If you have a favorite video or feedback, please leave a comment below. If we did not include one of your favorite real estate videos of 2012, please leave a link below and why you like it.
We wish you and yours a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Get the Latest Awesomeness in Your Email
Thanks for signing up!