We're Hiring: Software Lover (Engineer)
May 19, 2016
Position Overview: we’re currently seeking team-oriented developers that love challenges to help us lead product development and support/update WellcomeMat's video marketing platform.
Engineers in this role will collaborate with our team members to plan and execute a diverse product roadmap, invent video technologies and support new/existing customers.
We do not impose deadlines, but do expect our engineers to deliver on their own self-imposed goals and deadlines. Our product organization is within Pivotal Tracker, which means that you will not hear questions like, “when will you be done with _______ project,” OR, “what are you working on right now?”
Our Joel Test score is currently 10/12.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with MVC Frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL (we use MySQL)
- Unix/Linux experience
- Git version control
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with LAMP stack administration
- Ability to learn and apply new techniques/languages on the fly
- A tendency to figure out and improve things on your own
Applicable (and appreciated) Skills & Experience:
- HTML5 + Responsive Design
- Experience with FFmpeg and/or video encoding and delivery
- Experience with building and utilizing web-based APIs
- Familiarity with either iPhone or Android SDK
- Search Engine Optimization
Perks and Benefits
- Health Insurance Allowance
- Accelerated Advancement Opportunities
- Founder-run, Profitable, and Growing Company (no external “experts” calling shots)
- Paid Time Off, Flexible Work Hours, Work from Home
- Great Location + Great Team
Reach more viewers with every video.
Find out more by contacting us now!